Water is important for our life, including for drinking, but drink more water in a day has more benefits than just hydrating the body and quenching the thirst. Clean water with beneficial minerals has various health benefits that are sometimes overlooked, especially if the water is the mineral-rich artesian water or natural spring water that is treated well. This is especially if the water we drink is treated well and free from contaminants.
Why Drink More Water?
There are many great reasons why we must drink much every day. Here are some great to drink more water in a day, with some of them are probably quite unexpected:
- Balancing fluid level in the body. Since human body consists of 60% water, including in all cells, drinking much water is important to keep our body functioning well. Fluid supports various bodily functions such as blood circulation, digestion, body temperature regulation, and many more.
- Extra energy for exercise. If you do exercise often, or try to build muscles, you will need your muscles to be able to finish all sets you intend to reach the goal. When we are sweating, great deal of fluid also goes out of the muscle, resulting in tiredness. The more hydrated we are, the easier for us to finish sets of exercise.
- Supporting kidney works. Our kidneys work in processing waste out of your body through urine and processing blood circulation (also related to waste processing), so drink more water to support the works of kidneys and improve your own health.
- Helping with diet and digestion. Digestive system needs enough fluid to process food and work properly. Drinking more water also help reducing constipation and supporting diet by making you feel fuller and your body metabolism run better.
- Supporting brain works and improving concentration. Drink more water is not only good for body, but also the mind. Brain cells consist of much water content, so getting enough hydration will help the brain to function better, especially when you are doing strenuous mind activities or in deep concentration. This means you can also improve productivity better.
- Soothing joint pain. If you often experience pain in your joints or muscles without clear reason, you are probably lack of fluid. Drink more water to make sure that you stay comfortable without joint and muscle pain.
- Reducing acne and pimples. Acne can be caused by built up toxin in the body. Drink more water to flush out these toxins out of the body and have better looking skin.
What kind of water you should drink? Aside from contaminant-free quality that must exist in all kinds of water, you must drink more water that has important minerals, such as water from artesian aquifer, mineral-enhanced public water supply, or natural spring. Distilled water is also good for drinking, but this water does not contain important minerals the body needs to work. Whatever the reason, drink more water is definitely more than just hydrating the body and quenching the thirst.